Thursday, June 30, 2011

Miss Utah Week!

Miss Utah week started off with the Show Me Your Shoes Parade, an honored Miss America tradition that we've adopted here in Utah. The contestants showed amazing creativity and it was a blast! I was dressed as a "Queen Bee!" Afterwards, we danced and gave out awards for the best shoes!
On Tuesday, Sierra West Jewelers sponsored a dinner for all 50 contestants and Christina and I were able to attend as well. We got to try on beautiful rings, learn a lot about diamonds and then each girl got a special pearl necklace as a gift. They sure know how to make a girl feel glamorous!

Each night I was honored to be a guest performer at the pageant. I was able to showcase a piece that I choreographed and it was received by the audience, so well. I will be taking this piece to New York City to compete for the NYCDA Championships.
Picture courtesy of Faces Photography
On Friday, MISS AMERICA came into Utah! I was able to meet her and get my picture taken with her...she is so nice and so beautiful! I will post the picture as soon as I get it :D
On Friday, I also got to visit the ABC4 News station where we sat in on a taping of Good Things Utah!
On Saturday morning we were able to pay recognition to Christina Lowe, Miss Utah 2010 at a Farewell Breakfast. It was so nice to see all of the contestants, former Miss Utah's and our judges, relaxed and enjoying themselves.
I got a chance to talk with some of the Miss Utah Judges- what amazing individuals! And then that night I got to officially meet my new 'big sister!' Congratulations to Danica Olsen, Miss Utah 2011! And congrats to each and every contestant who represented their local programs...it was a fabulous week!

No comments: